Outlook has simplified the ways in which the users can communicate with each other by providing smoother and faster exchanging of emails. Apart from simply sending and receiving emails, it also allows the users to manage their contacts, tasks, calendars and perform many other functions as well. Despite all the features of Outlook email, it cannot be considered as an error-free email service. Outlook email not working is one of the most common problems faced by the users quite frequently.
The Outlook email not working issue can hamper the important work of the users and therefore needs to be fixed as early as possible. This article provides the easiest possible solutions for the Outlook email not working issue to help the users in resolving this problem before it obstructs their work.
Different problems related to Outlook not working
The Outlook email not working problem can bring with it many other issues like Outlook login not working, Outlook stopped working and many more. A list of some of the accompanied issues that occur with Outlook email not working is provided below:
Outlook email not working on iPhone
Outlook email not working on Windows
Outlook email not working on Android
Outlook email login not working
Outlook email sending/ receiving not working
Outlook email not working on Chrome
Outlook email not working on Firefox
Outlook email not working Microsoft Edge
Outlook email not working on Safari
Outlook email not working Internet Explorer
Reasons behind the Outlook email not working issue
There can be many reasons why your Outlook email suddenly stopped working out of nowhere. Few possible reasons that might be behind this problem are discussed below:
- Slow internet: The most common reason behind the Outlook email not working issue is a slow internet connection.
- Browser issue: An outdated or incompatible web browser can also create issues with Outlook email.
- Low storage: In case you are short on Outlook storage space, your account can show abnormal behavior, like failure in receiving new emails.
- Antivirus conflict: An antivirus, firewall or any other third-party software can interfere with Outlook causing the not working error.
- Incorrect settings: Incorrect IMAP/ POP settings used while Outlook email setup can also cause the Outlook email not working issue.
- Outdated application: If you are using Outlook via mobile application that is not up-to-date, problems can occur.
- Virus infection: Sometimes, presence of a virus, malware or other such threats might also prevent you from using Outlook email.
- Incorrect credentials: The Outlook email login not working issue can be due to inaccurate username and password.
Solutions for Outlook email not working
Below given are the some easy step solutions to fix the Outlook email not working issue on different devices. These steps are really simple and can be followed by the users without requiring much technical expertise.
Resolve Outlook email not working on Windows
There are some basic troubleshooting measures that the users can apply to fix the Outlook email not working on Windows problem. Try these measures one by one to see if it resolves your issue.
- First of all, check if the problem is not a slow internet speed. If simply fixing the internet problem resolves the Outlook email not working issue, you are good to go.
- Make sure that you are using an updated and compatible web browser. If you are facing the problem with a specific browser, you can just switch the browser.
- In case of conflict with any third-party software specially an antivirus or firewall programs installed in your system, you can disable it temporarily.
- If you are frequently facing the not working issue with your Outlook email, chances are there that your system might be under virus attack. Run a system scan to eliminate such threats and then try using Outlook email.
- To avoid any issue with your device that might be creating the Outlook email not working issue, it is recommended to install all the important Windows updates from time to time.
Fix Outlook email not working on iPhone
If you are looking for the ways to fix the Outlook email not working on iPhone issue, the same as discussed right here:
- Check that you have access to an active data pack and that airplane mode in your device is not turned on.
- If using through a web browser, use updated browser and if using through mobile via, use updated app version.
- Restart your phone as sometimes only a simple restart is found to fix the Outlook email not working issue.
- Make sure that all the settings used at the time of configuring Outlook email on iPhone are accurate.
- If there is any-third party interference, you can temporarily turn it off.
- Remove and then re-configure Outlook mail on iPhone, if no other solution works for you.
Solve Outlook email not working on Android
Easy steps through which the users can fix the Outlook email not working on Android are given below:
- Make sure that the email app you are using is always up-to-date.
- Check for any interference caused by any firewall or antivirus program. If found, temporarily disable the program that is creating the problem.
- In case your Android device is affected by virus or malware, perform a deep scan to eliminate that threat. Your Outlook email might work fine after that.
- Restart the device and then try re-opening the Outlook email.
- Check that the problem is not with the browser or with the internet connection.
- If you are not able to use Outlook using the mobile app, you may reinstall the application.
Outlook email not working on web browser
To fix the Outlook email not working on any web browser, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- First of all, clear all cookies and caches from your browser.
- The browser must be compatible with the Outlook email.
- Install the latest updates to your browser, if not already.
- Temporarily disable any extensions or plug-ins saved to your browser.
- Open Outlook email in another browser to make sure that the problem is with browser and not the email account.
- If nothing else works, you can simply switch the browser.
Outlook email sending/ receiving not working
Few things the users can try to fix the sending and receiving issues in Outlook are given below:
- Make sure you are not running out of storage space.
- Check the settings to make sure your incoming emails are not landing in trash or spam.
- Make sure that you have not reached the limit of sending emails.
- Do not attach files larger than the prescribed size limit.
- Make sure that you have the correct address of the receiver.
- If you have accidentally blocked the sender, make sure to unblock him/ her.
- Do not send emails in bulk or you might get suspended from sending further emails for a while.
- Similarly if you are receiving bulk emails, the receiving feature might not work properly.