Charter email not working: Charter email is one of the best email services and is widely renowned for features like enhanced account security, simple password recovery, fast email sending and receiving, etc. Despite having these features, Charter email cannot be considered as total error free email and issues occur quite often. Charter email not working is one of the most common problem faced by the users pretty frequently. This issue can be a really serious problem when it starts hampering your important day-to-day work. To help the users fix this issue some solutions have been provided in this article. The users can follow these solutions without requiring much technical expertise to fix their Charter email not working problem.
Possible reasons for Charter email not working
There can be many reasons that can create obstructions in the smooth working of your Charter email. Some of the most common reasons behind this problem are mentioned below.
- Slow or discontinuous internet speed
- Outdated or incompatible browser
- Conflict due to third-party software
- Presence of virus in the device
- Incorrect configuration or incorrect settings of Charter email
- Important updates missing from the system
- Incorrect login id and/ or password
- Shortage of storage space in device or account
Solve Charter email not working issue in simple steps
In case of Charter email not working issue, the users can follow some simple troubleshooting measures to fix it. A few troubleshooting measures have been discussed below.
Resolve Charter email not working on mobile browser
If your Charter email is not working on a particular web browser, follow these steps to fix this problem.
- Close your browser and then restart it.
- Update the browser you are using to open Charter email.
- Browser must be compatible with Charter email.
- Clear all the cookies and caches from your browser and then open Charter email.
- Temporarily disable the plug-ins and extensions added to your browser.
- Reset your browser to default settings to see if this fix the problem.
- In case private browsing is turned on, turn it off.
- If you have enabled browser enhancements, disable it.
- Try re-installing the web browser in your device.
- Switch to a different web browser if the problem still persists.
How to fix Charter not working on computer
Sometimes the users face difficulty while working with Charter email account on their PC. This problem can be due to a problematic device and the steps to fix the same are as follows:
- First of all, make sure that your device is connected to the internet.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall programs running in your computer.
- If you suspect virus in your device, run a system scan and delete the threats found. Try opening Charter email now.
- Make sure that your device is not running low on storage. If yes, make some space so that no problem occurs while working with Charter email.
- All important system updates must be installed in your device.
- Sometimes, restarting your computer can sometimes help fix the Charter email not working problem. Try that.
Solution for Charter email login not working
To fix the Charter email login not working problem, try the methods given below:
- Make sure that you are entering the email address and the domain name correctly.
- The password you are entering for Charter email should be correct.
- If have changed your Charter email password but still logged in any device with the old password, issues will occur. Sign out and sign in back to your Charter email account with the new password.
- If nothing works, you might be required to perform Charter email account recovery.
Ways to fix Charter email sending not working
To fix the Charter email sending not working problem, try the methods given below:
- If you have exhausted the daily sending limit of Charter email you need to wait till the limit gets renewed before sending new mails. (Same goes with receiving).
- Make sure that you have entered the receiver’s address correctly.
- Compress large files file before attaching them into your email.
- If you are sending a large number of emails, sending might stop due to spamming. Wait few hours before resending the emails.
- Ask your receiver to check if the problem is not at his/ her end in case the issue is only with a particular email address. (Same with the sender in case of receiving error).
Resolving Charter email receiving not working issue
To fix the Charter email receiving not working problem, try the methods given below:
- Make sure that slow internet is not the reason you are not receiving messages in the Charter emails.
- Check if the incoming mails are landing into trash or spam due to some error in settings. To fix the problem, correct the settings.
- There should be enough space in your email account to receive the incoming emails.
- Make sure that Charter email account is synced to your device or else new incoming emails will not show in your inbox.
- Ask your sender if he/ she has your correct email address.