BellSouth email is one of the most amazing email services that offer the users various features such as easy recovery, better security, and many more. It can be easily set up and accessed from various devices including your laptops, PCs, Android devices, Apple devices, etc. However, all these features cannot stop issues from happening while using the BellSouth email. There can be a long list of the problem that may occur with your BellSouth email account, the BellSouth email not working being one of the major ones.
The BellSouth email not working problem covers a wide aspect of issues that can really hamper your work. Therefore, it is important that these issues are fixed as soon as they are encounter. With the aim to help the users resolve this problem, this article presents the easiest possible ways following which they will be able to fix this issue at the earliest.
Why BellSouth email stopped working?
Numerous factors might affect your BellSouth email account creating the not working issue. Knowing the actual reason can help the users in applying the right troubleshooting measures. The major reasons that can cause problems in the smooth working of BellSouth email are given below.
- Poor internet connectivity: The main reason for the BellSouth email not working is a poor internet connection with little or no speed.
- Third-party software interference: There can be some antivirus or other third-party application conflicting with the working of BellSouth email.
- Outdated mobile application: If accessed via mobile, an outdated app can create the BellSouth email not working issue.
- Issues with browser: Browser related problems like an outdated or incompatible browser can create issues while working with BellSouth email.
- Inaccurate email settings: Settings of an email service play an important role in its functioning. Incorrect setting might hinder with the basic working of BellSouth.
- Problem with the device: Sometimes, certain issues with your device such as virus infection can also cause BellSouth email not working issue.
- Inappropriate email configuration: BellSouth email account if configured with incorrect POP/ IMAP settings will not function properly.
Different forms of BellSouth email not working issue
The different forms in which the BellSouth email not working issue may occur are given below. By knowing the correct troubleshooting steps, any kind of BellSouth email not working related issues can be easily resolved.
- BellSouth email login not working
- BellSouth email not working on Windows
- BellSouth email not working on Firefox
- BellSouth email stopped working
- BellSouth email not working on Android device
- BellSouth email not working on iPhone/ iPad
- BellSouth email not working on Mac
- BellSouth email not working on Chrome browser
- BellSouth email sign-in not working
How to fix the BellSouth email not working problem?
Depending on the exact problem that you are facing, there are different ways to resolve the ‘BellSouth email not working’ problem. The simple solutions for the different issues that a user might face while working with BellSouth are discussed here.
BellSouth email login not working
The BellSouth email login not working issue arises mainly due to lost or forgotten user id and/ or password. Steps for fixing this issue are provided below:
- Go to the official login page of AT&T https://www.att.com/my/#/login.
- You will find a ‘forgot user id?’ link at the bottom of this page.
- Click on this link to open a recovery page.
- On this page, select the option ‘user id and password’.
- Now, enter your contact email and the captcha code as shown on the screen.
- Click on the ‘continue’ button.
- Choose the convenient option to receive the BellSouth user id.
- Enter this user id in the specified column.
- Once the user id is recovered successfully, choose the option to reset BellSouth password.
- You can reset the password either via a temporary password or by answering the security question.
- Once the recovery is complete, you no longer will be facing ‘BellSouth email login not working’ issue.
Note: Instead of resetting both, you can also reset either of the user id or password, if you remember the other credential.
BellSouth email not working on Windows
Some simple steps to fix the BellSouth email not working problem on Windows are discussed below:
- First of all, ensure that there is no problem with your internet connection.
- Make sure all the important system updates are installed in your device.
- If any third-party software is interfering with your BellSouth email account, you can temporarily disable it.
- Make sure the browser you are using is up-to-date.
- Scan your system to make sure it is not infected. Sometimes, the presence of virus and malware in your system can create issues with BellSouth email.
BellSouth email not working on Firefox
Follow these steps if you are not able to use BellSouth email on Mozilla Firefox browser:
- Check if the browser is not outdated. If so, update it to the latest version.
- Clear cookies and caches from your browser.
- Disable any plug-ins or extension added to your browser, temporarily.
- If no other method works, you can switch the browser.
BellSouth email not working on Android device
The easy ways to fix the ‘BellSouth email not working on Android device’ issue are given below:
- Make sure you have a fairly strong internet connection.
- All the system updates should be installed in your device.
- Make sure there is no issue with the browser you are using.
- In case of mobile app, the app should be updated.
- In case the device is running out of space, it faces certain issues, including BellSouth email not working.
BellSouth email not working on iPhone
In case you are having issues while using BellSouth email account in your iPhone
- Always use a compatible and updated browser, if opening BellSouth via a browser.
- If opening through a mobile app, the application must be up-to-date.
- Restart your device to see if this resolves the not working issue. In case there was some problem with your device, simply restarting it can help in fixing that.
- In case the BellSouth email not working problem is due to incorrect POP/ IMAP setting, you might need to reconfigure it on your iPhone.
BellSouth email not working on Mac
The steps to fix the ‘BellSouth email not working on Mac’ are given below:
- Temporarily disable any third-party program that might interfere with your BellSouth email account.
- Make sure that the browser you are using is compatible with the BellSouth email account.
- Check if the problem is not with your device or internet connection.
- Try accessing your account from some other device to check if the problem is not with your account.
- Install the latest system updates to your Mac device.
BellSouth email not working on Chrome browser
Users are often found complaining that they face issues while using BellSouth email on their Google Chrome while it works okay with other web browsers. So, if you are looking for the ways to resolve the BellSouth email not working on Chrome browser, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure that your browser is updated. If not, you must update the latest version of the Chrome browser.
- Try opening BellSouth email after clearing cookies and caches from your Chrome browser.
- If any extension is added to your browser, disable it temporarily while using BellSouth email.
- Similarly, temporarily disable any plug-ins or add-ons added to your browser.
- If nothing else works, you can reinstall Chrome in your device.
- If you are still not able to use BellSouth email on your Google Chrome, you might try switch to some other browser.