AT&T does not need any introduction when it comes to the best email services. A large number of users rely on AT&T owing to its features such as fast sending and receiving of emails, enhanced security, easy account recovery, etc. However, regardless of the many features of AT&T email, issues are quite common with it. Among many others, the ‘AT&T email not working’ is one of the major issues that occur quite frequently.
Good news is that the users can easily troubleshoot this ‘AT&T email stopped working’ issue by applying the appropriate remedial measures. Based on the device you are using, the steps for troubleshooting may vary. This article presents the different ways to resolve the ‘AT&T email not working’ issue so that the users can fix them on their own, whenever encountered.
Possible reasons for AT&T email not working
The email not working is not an independent problem but along with it comes several other issues like unable to send/ receive emails, unable to upload/ download attachments, etc. So basically this means that the ‘AT&T email not working’ can bring along with it loads of other issues as well. There can be a plethora of reasons why this is happening. The different reasons why your AT&T email might not be working properly are listed below.
- The browser you are using to open or AT&T email is not compatible.
- In case you are using AT&T mobile app, the app is outdated.
- You are using an outdated browser to open your AT&T email account.
- Any third-party application is interfering with your AT&T email.
- The AT&T email login issue can be due to incorrect username or password.
- There might be some problem with your device or internet connectivity.
- You have configured AT&T email with incorrect POP/ IMAP settings.
- A firewall or antivirus program is conflicting with your AT&T email.
- Low storage space in your AT&T email account can create issue in receiving email.
Common ways to fix the AT&T email not working problem
By knowing the correct troubleshooting steps, the users can fix the ‘AT&T email not working’ issue on their own. The steps for the same, for different devices, are discussed below in detail.
Solution for AT&T email not working on iPhone
Some common methods that can be applied to fix the ‘AT&T email stopped working on iPhone’ issue are given below:
- If you are using AT&T mobile app or iPhone Mail app, make sure that it is the latest version.
- Correct POP/ IMAP settings must be used when you setup AT&T email on iPhone.
- Make sure that airplane mode is turned off and you have access to a strong internet connection.
- Check if any antivirus program installed in your iPhone is not affecting the normal working of AT&T email. Disable any such program for the time you are using AT&T.
- Restart your iPhone as it will fix the ‘AT&T email not working’ issue if it is due to some problem with the device.
- If nothing else works, you might have to reinstall AT&T email in your iPhone.
Fix AT&T email not working on Windows 10
Different ways to solve the AT&T email not working on Windows 10 are given as:
- Always use a compatible and updated browser.
- Make sure the problem isn’t due to slow internet connection.
- All the important system updates must be installed in your system.
- If there is any antivirus program installed in your system that might be creating this issue, turn it off temporarily.
- Try switching the browser as the problem can be a faulty browser too.
Resolve AT&T email not working on web browser
Depending on the web browser that you are using to open AT&T email, the solution for the ‘AT&T email not working’ issue is provided below:
Solve AT&T email not working on Google Chrome
Simple steps are given below following which the users will be able to fix the AT&T email not working on Google Chrome issue:
- Make sure that your Chrome browser is updated to its latest version.
- Clear cookies and caches from your browser.
- Check if the internet speed is fairly strong.
- Make sure that the problem is with your account rather than the browser.
Fix AT&T email not working on Mozilla Firefox
Given below are the methods to solve the AT&T email not working on Mozilla Firefox issue:
- Always use the latest version of Firefox.
- Temporarily disable any plug-ins or add-ons from your system as sometimes they interfere with the working of AT&T email.
- Clear cookies and caches from your browser.
Resolve AT&T email not working on Microsoft Edge
The steps to fix the AT&T email stopped working on Microsoft Edge issue are given below:
- Check if your internet connection is working fine and you are using the latest version of your browser.
- Clear browser cookies and caches.
- Make sure that the problem is not with the browser and with your email account itself.
- If nothing else works, you might want to try using another browser.
Solve AT&T email not working on Safari browser
In case you are not able to use AT&T email on your Safari browser, the steps to fix this are given here. Whether you are using this browser on your phone or on your desktop, these steps will work for both devices.
- Check if the latest updates are installed in your Safari browser.
- Try re-opening your AT&T email after clearing cookies and caches from your browser.
- Temporarily disable any extensions or plug-ins added to your browser.
- Make sure that the issue is not due to any third-party program installed in your system, rather than the browser.
How to solve AT&T email not working on Android phone?
In case of any problem in using AT&T email in your Android device, the users can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- First of all, make sure that you have a proper internet connection.
- In case of interference with any third-party application, temporarily turn it off.
- Sometimes, a simple restart of your device can fix the AT&T email not working problem.
- Make sure you have used correct setting while AT&T email configuration on Android phone.
- Try reinstalling AT&T email in your device, in case nothing else works.
ATT email login not working
If you are facing the AT&T email login not working, it might be due to incorrect username and/ or password. The steps to reset your username/ password both at once are described below:
- Go to the official login page of AT&T.
- On this page, click on the ‘forgot user id?’ link
- Now, select the ‘user id and password’ option.
- You will be asked to provide your contact email.
- Enter your contact email and captcha and click on ‘continue’.
- Select how you want to receive your user id.
- You will receive the user id as per the selected way.
- Now, enter your user id in the specified field.
- After the user id is recovered, select the way in which you want to reset AT&T password- temporary password or security answer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set a new password.
- Using the recovered user id and new email password, you can now login to your AT&T email account.
AT&T email sending not working
Check for the following in case you are not able to send emails from your AT&T email account:
- In case you have exhausted your sending limit for the day, you will not be able to send AT&T email.
- The file you are trying to send must not exceed the specified limit.
- Makes sure that you have the correct email address of the receiver and you are typing it right.
- Ask the receiver to check their trash or spam in case the email is sent but not received.
- In case you are sending messages in bulk, you might be prevented from sending any more emails for a while.
AT&T email receiving not working
Check for the following in case you are not able to receive emails in your AT&T email account:
- Check the settings for your email to make sure that you have not diverted your incoming mails to spam or trash.
- Make sure that you haven’t accidentally blocked the sender.
- Ask the sender if he/she has your email address right and is typing it correctly.
- Check that you have enough space to receive the incoming emails. If not, you can make space by deleting emails that are no longer important.
- In case you are receiving messages in bulk, the incoming mails might get delayed.
- Make sure the problem is not with your browser, internet or the device you are using.