Why is my Email Not Working/Loading? I Can’t Send or Receive Messages through My Email Account
My email isn’t working- could be a concern of most of us. Here comes the time to look into the matter seriously. There could be a number of possible reasons why your email isn’t working. We have to find out the reasons first and further we talk about its solutions.
In this write-up, I’ve tried here elaborate reasons and solutions when your email is not working on android, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, windows 10, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MAC, Blackberry, Outlook etc. There is a possibility that you enter wrong username or password. Double-verify the username and password you are attempting to login through.
I can’t send/Receive Emails on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch- What should I Do?
Here is something important to follow if your email not working on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Before you start there are a few things you should know and verify.
- Check whether you deleted or made changes in your email account setting- old emails could be deleted from your iOS device.
- It’s important to check whether your device has good internet connectivity. Sometimes, due to a weak network connectivity, your email stops working.
- You should contact your email service provider and ensure if there is a provisional service outage on their webpage.
You should look into the Outbox regarding unsent emails.
If you receive a message that your email wasn’t sent successfully then the particular emails enter into your Outbox. You should ensure if there are few unsent emails exist in the Outbox and try resending the same.
- Go to the Mail and tap Mailboxes available at upper-left corner.
- Further you should tap Outbox. If you are not able to see an Outbox then your emails were sent.
- Click an existing email in the Outbox and confirm the receiver’s address. If it’s correct then Tap Send
You must ensure that you are entering the right username and password. In case of an error you should immediately contact your system administrator or email provider.
You should further check iOS Mail Fetch and Notification settings.
You can make changes in iOS Mail Fetch and Notification settings by following the tips provided below in the post:
- Access Setting and Tap Password & Accounts;
- Further you need to tap Fetch New Data;
- You can select a setting, such as manual or automatic.
With iOS 11 and later, automatic is selected by default. Your device is enabled for fetching new data in the background only if it is getting charged or connected to Wi-Fi.
You should make sure that your Notification settings are appropriately configured for the Mail app. For the same, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Access Setting and further tap Notifications;
- Tap Mail followed by an email account;
- Set up for your Alerts, Badges and Sounds;
If the problem still persists, then it’s time to contact your system administrator or email provider. I also suggest you to remove your email account and set it up again.
Need More Help: Click me for more information about why doesn’t my email work on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Email Not Working on MAC: Let’s troubleshoot it!
Sometimes, you see that email suddenly stops working on MAC. If your MAC is accurately connected to the Internet then the problem might be with the provider of your email service. Or, you might be going through a missing or outdated setting in the Accounts section of Mail preferences.
If Mail directs to an issue with the network or mail server:
Due to the issue with the mail server or network, your Mail says it’s unable to connect. In case you have good internet connectivity but the connection says timed out, it means the service outage is being occurred from your email provider.
The same problem occurs when you are attempting to access your email account from multiple devices. It’s better to Quite Mail on few devices- your email may be start working again.
If you receive a message states that your account is offline:
Suppose, you are connected to the internet but your account shows offline then your email setting is not perfectly configured. If you want to check current status of Mail setting then you should select Preferences from the Mail menu. You should click the Accounts followed by choosing your email account.
Your Email Delivery is not as expected: Email provider is responsible to schedule your email delivery. Though, the delivery timing is also affected by your Internet service provider. If you find significant email delays then you should contact your email provider or internet provider.
Get Apple Support: If you can’t troubleshoot the issue by your own then you should contact Apple support here- https://getsupport.apple.com/
My Emails are Not Loading on Android
You may experience the following issues if your Gmail app is not syncing automatically:
- Can’t send or receive emails;
- Unable to open or read Mail;
- Not receiving new emails;
- Gmail app working slow;
- Account not synced error;
Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
- You need to update your Gmail app first;
- Please restart your device- few features are enabled automatically after restarting the device;
- You need to check if you are offline or turn off the airplane mode;
- If your android device is running out of space then Gmail syncing issue may occur. Clear your storage by removing unnecessary things;
- Enter correct login credentials- you might be entering a wrong username or password;
- Try clearing the Gmail information once. Please do not forget to restart your device after clearing the Gmail data.
Need Support: https://support.google.com/
Email Not Working on Blackberry
If Email isn’t loading on your blackberry device then it might not be configured properly. Or, you have entered the wrong login credentials due to which it is getting failed to connect. You should double verify the credentials you use for setting up email service on your blackberry app.
You also need to verify that you are configuring email on Blackberry having good internet connectivity. Check the internet connection and try configuring it again.
Need Support: You can get support when email isn’t loading on Blackberry here- https://docs.blackberry.com/en
My Email Stopped Working on Windows 10
There are a couple of solutions you can follow when your email is not working on Windows 10:
First Method– All you can do is resetting Mail and Calendar app. You can follow the steps as provided below:
- Go to the Setting page;
- Further you need to go to the Apps section;
- You need to search out the Mail and Calendar app from the available list;
- Further you need to click the Mail and Calendar app;
- Click the Advanced options.
- You can click Reset button for resetting the Mail and Calendar app.
Second Method– You can reinstall the app and try logging again. I hope it will start working.
Email Stopped Working on Google Chrome
If your email stopped working on your Chrome then it might be affected due to cookies and caches. You need to clear browsing data. You can do it by clicking More available at top right corner. Just go to the Menu>Choose more tools>Clear browsing data. Make sure that you have selected all time data.
Please make sure that the particular device has good internet connectivity. You may not be able to access email on Google Chrome if your device is not connected to the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: How do I fix email issues?
Ans: if you forget your email account password then you can generate a new password using secondary email Id or registered phone number. If you want to generate a new password using registered phone number then you need to enter the OTP received on your mobile. Or else, you can click the password recovery link and set up a new password for your account. If your email is not working then you should check whether you are entering the right email address and password.
Ques: I can’t send or receive emails?
Ans: Check out the device where your email is not working- whether it is your android, MAC blackberry, iphone or Google Chrome. Follow the instructions as provided above in order to fix the issue.
Ques: How will I fix email not working issue on my android phone?
Ans: If it is stopped working suddenly then I would suggest you to reinstall the application. Or, just go to the play store and update the application. Once you reinstall the application then you need to restart your device. In this way, you can fix this issue.
Ques: Why is my email server not responding?
Ans: You need to ensure whether you have entered the correct account information in Mail setting. Sometimes, issues are from server side or due to weak internet connectivity. Do check the same before you contact your system administrator or email provider. Hope will work fine.
Ques: Should I use different password for my email accounts?
Ans: Yes, it is always suggested to use different passwords for your email accounts. If you use same password for all accounts then it could be a matter of concern. Try to choose a strong password for your account by combining letters, numbers and special characters. Choose a password that can’t be guessed easily by someone.